Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixiedi

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2001
US
I have a small hosting service. I made a huge boo boo and ended up with codered.
Wiped the hard drive, reinstalled windows2000 advanced server. Configured IIS, DNS, etc.
Everything is fine except my own website. It shows page not found, in frames! I can see a left frame with a partial page not found and a main frame on the right with page not found. Default error pages. Here's the URL if you'd like to look.
I've never seen this before. My site is not a framed site, so coming from my own folder is impossible. As a matter of fact, none of the sites hosted on that server are framed.

Everybody else's sites are fine.
I have double checked IIS and DNS so many times I know they are correct. For sure, no typos or other silly boo boos. I even checked with internic to be sure I didn't allow my domain name registration to slip away. ut then, if it did, the DNS server wouldn't be working because my domain name is the server name. NS1webdesigns-4-you

I am at a total loss. I can't find any documentation to explain everything working except one domain. Common sense would say it has to be a typo or mischecked box in the configuration, but really, it's not. I even had one of the other webdesigners compare this site with others on the server for correctness in the set up. He couldn't find anything either. HELP!

hi Dixiedi
dont know why u r facing this problem
but i checked ur site it was comin up fine on my comp
there were no frames and neither there was an error like "page not found" Kapil Aggarwal

Technical Director
Infovalley Interweb Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

I thank you for checking into it for me.
Now I am baffled even more.
I also checked it on an outside PC today, like you, I found it without problems. Everything normal. But, it still comes up as described on my personal PC, on the server via IE but is recieved normally on two other PCs here.

This is certainly an odd one. I can't imagine and don't guess I ever will. I have decided somehow or another, codered affected my favorites, saved when I reinstalled windows2000pro on this PC. I don't know why it should affect what comes up when I type the URL in, but it comes up an error.

I'm not even going to try to figure it out. I am going to complete the configuration of the server so my clients have fully functional sites, then reinstall windows on this machine and toss the favorites. Though I have manually scanned and there is no sign of codered. Maybe codered has nothing to do with it. ???

Like I said, I'm not even going to try to figure it out.

Thanks for the response. I do appreciate it very much. Just really wish I knew why? So odd. Must be that guy Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back