Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Not Found Error when loading my asp page

Status
Not open for further replies.

fchan

MIS
Jul 2, 2001
US
Hi,

My test webserver (Win 2000 Server) recently started acting up so I uninstalled IIS 5.0 and then added the IIS component again. Instead of fixing the problem my steps made the problem worse. Now none of my asp pages will display from my test server. I get the error message, "Page Not Found". My regular HTML pages load fine, but not the asp pages.

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening.

Thanks.

have you already tried renaming an html page that works to an asp page? ======================================

if (!succeed) try++
-jeff

I just tried renaming one of my html files that works to an asp file and I get the same results.

unfortunately you cant use photoshop to create .ico files but what you can do is create a bitmap in photoshop and then convert it to an icon using software called Qtam3.5 bitmap to icon converter, this is a cool little app that i used to convert all my bitmaps to icons for my vb apps

hello just check which version of ie you are using if version6 is there it shows u error when there is error in asp page just check i am not sure

Last time I had this problem it was a security issue. Run the permissions wizard on the Virtual Directory the pages are in. That should fix it, if not let us know!

Hi,

I checked all the permissions and it all seems to be in order. My web site allows anonymous access and the user account that is used for anonymous access is the Internet Guest Account - IUSR_MyComputerName. The Internet Guest Account has "Read and Execute" access as well as the "List Contents" access.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I can really use some help here.

Thanks

Not sure, you may want to try and post this problem to the Microsoft:IIS Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back