Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page music

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsandoval63

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
US
I work in a Hospital and the Director wants that when I baby born the Maternity department dial a specific code through the phone system (Nortel option 81) and stop the ambient music and play a specific melody. Any ideas what hardware I need to do this and what kind of trunk or page need in the Phone system?

Actually we have the ambient music through a PC connection.

Univ Trk card with it being a member of your Page Route..and a system to play what you want to play, if you can wire it, you can play it.

Mato' Was'aka

very funny.. i did the same thing here (hosp).. i added a mus route, a mus trunk.... when a baby was born, the operator would dial overhead page, conf the mus channel to the page channel then rls..

music played untill the tfd timer on the route did the rls.. took a week of playing to get it right.. 4th time it played.. the kings and queens up on the 6th floor wanted it off prior to the next birth..

i didn't really want to hear it 40 times a day either.. since pag overrides background music, that side was a freebee,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for your response.

John, the director wants the "birth announcement" start playing after the operator dial a code so what kind of player did you use to play the "birth announcement?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back