Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

StylnR6

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
CA
I have noticed on some websites that they have a page display that says, "please wait while page loads" and then it jumps to the page when it is completely loaded. I was wondering how you could program this in javascript so that when all of my scripts and graphics are done, it displays the index page???

Hi StylnR6,

that is done by the HTML meta tag, place it inside the <head> tag, for example the following...

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=&quot;Refresh&quot; CONTENT=&quot;10; url=nextpage.html&quot;>
</head>

This will wait 10 seconds then load the nextpage.html page

hope this helps

Chiu Chan
cchan@gefmus.com

The meta tag for refresh takes care of the loading next page bit but as far as loadind the page is concerned it sounds difficult. I think it must be done by reloading the HTML into Cache in the same way images are preloaded for roll-overs. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to do it. :( -----------------------------------

Evil lurks in the net in the guise of protocols.

clarityclaire@optushome.com.au

If you put all your data inside a table, then the page will not load until everything in the table has been sent to the browser.

The downside is that it will appear to your visitors that the site is slow because nothing comes up until everything comes is sent.

Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back