Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page loading tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cxc

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
CA
Hello, I have a webpage on the ASP conponented server and I was wondering if there a way to tell if a asp page is loading from a script placed on the loading asp page?

Could you clarify your question? I am not sure that I understand what your problem may be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can't explain something to a six-year-old, you really don't understand it yourself."
-- Albert Einstein

I have 2 frames, top and bottom, bottom is set to be invisible with no scrollbars and the top is set to display 100%. So i have my main display page displaying in the _top frame and i have a preloader in the bottom frame, the preloader is loading up parts of the site. The _top frame contain a menu and cause the bottom frame is loading, when a user clicks on a menu option the loading of the page via _top or _parent lags so much, cause the bottom frame is loading, it actuall seems that the menu option won't go to the page selected in the menu UNTIL the bottom frame is finished loading. I wnat to some how avoid the lag of the top frame loading? any ideas....? I though maybe ASP could tell is the menu is click and pause the bottom frame from loading... or maybe use asp with DHTML or JS.... anything to try to stop the lag from a button clicked in the top frame, anything besides changing the html structure of using the frames? Any ideas?

Why don't you use include files instead of a frame... this way it's one page instead of three and you could updated individually

s

I'm preloading swf files in the hidden frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back