Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page is exploding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfunk

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a page that I've built in DW4. I am not using layers. And I am using an css. With no specific pattern of events the shell (the graphics and navigation) will disappear leaving the content spread all over the place. Refresh the page and it turns into a large block of text that resembles an image if openned in notepad. The URL is Remember that it will go many clicks without an issue and continually refreshing will not blow the shell off, only turns what's left into text that is like it is the wrong encoding. The index page is the only page that I am working on the rest are just pages to be at the end of a hyperlink. The last time I blew it up a few minutes ago it was the combined steps of clicking on the top left link of the index page that reads "Click here to find out..." and then when I hit the back button in the browser and the index page loaded is when the shell disappeared. I hit refresh and the remaining stuff exploded into unreadable stuff.
Things I've tried. I've tried copying over a clean index page (still done in DW). I have rebuilt the virtual web server. I have tried exporting to support version 3 browsers. I have tried different encoding in the head section.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,
steve

UPDATE.

I uploaded my page to another MS IIS web server and was able to reproduce the error. It seems to be the webserver;

Still, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,
steve

MORE UPDATE. It seems to be related to internet explorer 6.
Has anyone else had issues like this.

Thanks,
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back