Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page inbound thru PRI Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2013
US
Hello,
I currently have a successful PRI Trunk connecting to a Gateway device... I currently run a hybrid system, asterisk PBX and an Option 11c... I wanted to see how I could access paging across this PRI... I currently can cross communicate to 2616 / 500 sets directly with DIDs but trying to page has been a bear... I didn't know if there was a tweak to allow this TN to accessed from outside? It would make sense to block this because you wouldn't want someone from another facility paging... Currently from a 500 or 2616 set, I can dial 820 for loop then 00-07 for zones...Not sure if something is blocked or if I need pauses from VOIP side... The gateway handles conversion to PRI when passed DID from VOIP, maybe there is a way to change page loop to treat like a DID? Any tricks?

You will need to allow trunk to trunk connections in the Customer Data Block assuming 820 is the ACOD for a trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back