Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamboy27

Programmer
Sep 25, 2006
US
hi friends
Can u help me out in how to suppress page headers when sub reports are displayed.

You should provide more info, but I'll try anyway. Create two formulas:

//{@true}:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

//{@false}:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

Place {@false} in the report header and in the section immediately following the subreport, and place {@true} in the section that contains the subreport.

Then go to the section expert->page header->suppress->x+2 and enter:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true //note no colon

-LB

Thanks LB. Works like a charm.

After inserting the {@true} or {@false} in the various sections, you can suppress so the formula name doesn't print.

Highlight it, right click on it to Format Field, choose the Common tab and check Suppress, choose okay.

LT2

i have created a report and i have placed 4 different sub reports at the report footer a,b,c,d and the sub reports contain only charts. now when i run the report, the page header say id,name,first name,last name,... appear on the top of the charts on each page. so i want to suppress these fields when the sub reports are displayed. can u help me out how to solve this problem.

In your case, I think you could go to the section expert->page header->suppress->x+2 and enter:

onlastrecord

Make sure that the report footer is set of "new page before".

-LB

The function 'onlastrecord' is working good for all the sub reports but the page headers for the last page of the report (i mean the before page of the first subreport and the page contain one record only) are disappeared.

Okay, then back to the first method shown above. {@false} goes in the report header, {@true} goes in report footer_a, and in the section expert->page header use:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true //note no colon

-LB

Thank u Ibass for helping me. i got it now. thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back