Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page header for subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweety

Programmer
Feb 20, 2001
US
How will I create page header for subreports ? I have reports that has multiple sub reports with data that exceeds a page.I need to create page header for some subreports. How will I create ?

Sweety,

That is perplexing; unfortunately Subreports were not created with the intensions of ever paginating. They were originally designed to pull in small amounts of data that could not be included due to conflicting record selection criteria.

Since SubReports cannot paginate (they are an object that fits into a section of the Main.rpt File where the pagination definitions are determined) they cannot include Page headers or footers. You can put your information in the report header section of the SubReport If you only need it to show up once per SubReport. However if your SubReport is large enough to break over several pages and you want something at the top of each of the pages in the Main.rpt where the SubReport Breaks over to another page, My suggestion would be to place the SubReport into a Groupfooter section of the Main.rpt and make the Groupheader section of the Main.rpt your SubReport Page header and check on the repeat group header in each new page option if the design of your Main.rpt file warrants this format. Otherwise I am afraid without further information I cannot help you, sorry its not easier.

Stinker..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back