Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page frame tab caption label VFP 9v2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

taterday

Programmer
Jan 28, 2009
US

I have captions on the the tabs that are being trunicated. Can I get the tabs to double line? I would rather not reduce the font. I have it on "8" now. I would like to keep the tab label if possible?

Note there is an input that is not manual. It is picked data from an existing database.

example of what I have now: "input manu"
should be: "input manual"

example for what I would like to do.
input
manual

Thank you for any suggestion.

I don't think you can do this directly. I'd suggest that for the tabs in question leave the caption blank, and put in its place a 2-line label. (It might be tricky to get it looking right.)

Jim

I didn't think you could type in this area??

You can overlay a page tab with a label, no problem.

Did. But have the same problem. Would need to use a smaller font. There should be a way to wrap the words? Or wrap the page frame around creating more width.

I used TabStretch Property and the words are there. I can live with this. If someone has a better idea, please let me know.

Taterday,

You ask if there is a way to wrap the words in a label.

You just need to set the label's Wordwrap to .T.. Set the Height so that the label is tall enough to hold the text, and set the Caption in the usual way.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back