Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page footer to appear after detail secion

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnappan

Programmer
Feb 7, 2008
US
Once the data in the detail section is complete, i want the page footer to close right there instead of the end of the page ... could u let me know how to do that? ... i tried options like suppress blank data ...but did not seam to work ...help pls...

You can use Report Footer section for last page, instead of Page Footer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more." Franz Kafka, while admiring fish in an aquarium

I have a table border that closes ...the report runs multiple pages ... in the last page if the report finishes in half of the page , i want to close the table there ... if i drop in report footer the initial pages will have a problem?

Create a formula like this:

whilereadingrecords;
""

Insert a group on this and place your page footer text in the new group footer. Suppress the group header.

Also create a formula:

//{@true} to be placed in the group footer:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

Then suppress the page footer conditionally using this formula:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true;//note no colon

-LB

Actually, the report footer makes most sense.

-LB

You added the table border using Insert Box?
If so, draw the box only untill RF section, and not PF section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more." Franz Kafka, while admiring fish in an aquarium

I have vertical lines in the details section ... had a horizontal close line in the page footer

Drag the horizontal line into Report Footer section.

report footer was good ...but i want to suppress the page footer if its the last page ... i am a new bee ...please give me steps ...

If you want to suppress the Page Footer on the last page go to Section Expert > Page Footer > x + 2 and enter:
Code:
if OnLastRecord then
    true
else
    false

onlastrecord will work except if the last record is one page and the report footer is on the next, you will have the last two pages of page footers suppressed, so you might want to use my flag formula--place it in the report footer and then add the conditional suppression in the
section expert.

-LB

I placed the following code in suppress report footer

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

And the following code in suppress page footer

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true;//note no colon

The report footer no longer appear ...could u pls explain the logic ...what is := and why = ... if some thing like global variable , why declare in both places... and could u give me pointers on any tutorial i could look for understanding this formula section ...

The first formula should be created in the field explorer and then placed in the report footer and suppressed. Please remove it from the section expert suppression area for the report footer.

The first formula sets the value using the colon, while the second formula tests the value using just the = sign.

-LB

Thats perfect .. but in the second formula why you are declaring the variable again

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag; --why declaring it again , are we not refering to the already created variable?
flag = true;//note no colon --this is for comparison

krishnappan,

Crystal requires variables to be declared in every formula where that variable is used even if it has previously been declared in another formula. Note that if you were to remove the declaration and check the formula, it would error out.

Andy

then how does crystal differentiate between global and local variables .. if the declared variable name is the same it becomes global?

Global is the default, but you would have to identify shared or local variables. Still, you have to declare them at the beginning of each formula, as in:

shared numbervar amt;
numbervar amt; //(global)
local numbervar amt;

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back