Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page footer ruins content

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddewit

Technical User
Jan 15, 2017
NL
Hi,

I made a report including a page footer which I set to only display on the last page, but now it seems the footer keeps pushing the content away on the pages before the last page.
I already set everything in the footer to remove when empty, but even without fields the page footer keeps all the space. Is there a way to disable it using all the space on pages where it should not be there?

order-design_xzwaby.png

order-front_a2yvvl.png

Have you tried using a summary page instead?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I also already pointed out the summary band, as I showed you the title band was the best fit for a header limited to print on page 1. You can repeat your other solution and "remove line if blank", perhaps, but common, there are title band and summary band intended to start and end a report only on first and last page, use these bands. Page header and footer are for every page, as their name suggests, you can have a caption and page number and date there, maybe even more complex, but you don't use them for title or summary. Like you also don't use the page footer as group footer. Every band has it's own meaning and there are bands for everything, you just have to use them.

Bye, Olaf.

I tried putting it in the summary and yes then it is ok with the bottom space. But it gives an other problem: The sum numbers are not displayed anymore.. Why?

And also I still need a page footer on the end of the document displaying the terms and some logo's. Then still this space is reserved on the pages before what was the whole problem from the beginning. If someone has a sollution for that it would be very nice!

summary-back_kxvsmf.png

summary-front_wlksqb.png

I also tried putting the sum numbers into the group footer, but then also they do not get displayed. Why is that? I want them to be displayed in the group footer..

sum-in_group_footer_x6jyqx.png

Your report has two pages and you still use a page footer you only need on the last page? Well, that also has to move to the summary band.

Sum amounts are done where and how? If you use report variables, you can scope them to the whole report, pages or groups. Sums have to be output in the corresponding footer. So if you want some global sums, then attach them to the report level, not page or group level, and voila, you can display them in the summary band.

Bye, Olaf.

Is it possible to put a part of the summary on the bottom of the page?
summary_pqbatx.png

And please can you help me to scope sum amounts.

Now for instance this is what is used:
oReport.GetText("OCONSTANT.PRODUCT.LBL_TAX ")
oOR.Ord.InvoiceProdTax

oReport.GetText("OCONSTANT.ACCOUNT.LBL_NETTO")
oOR.Ord.InvoiceSum_N

But they do not get displayed in the group footer or summary.

1. In the general tab you can decide object position to float, to be fixed to top or bottom of band, that could help.

2. no idea what you do there and why it doesn't get visible. You're executing this at EOF(reportworkarea), so this might be a reason. Instead of calling a function of an object, you may want to use report variable, learn about them to compute running sums or sequence numbers during report run and print their overall result depending on their scoping and resetting.

As it seems OConstant is an object holding some constants, so this isn't about sums, is it? Then double check you have used a report control field and not just a label. You have to set such expressions as the field expression. The objects have to be variables existing in the code making the REPORT FORM call, or the objects are not accessible by the report expressions can't be run. A report has access to local variables of the method calling it and also of course public objects, though they always are a bad idea of programming in general.

Bye, Olaf.

I tried the object positions relative to bottom band and relative to top of band but that did not change a thing. I tried in the summary to place the part down, but nothing changed..
To me it is frustating that with other bands when set remove line if null at print when no space is taken, but with the page footer this does not work. If it did there was no problem.

I do not know how to get the sum values visible in other parts then the page footer.
I did not make the report, is a standard report from the business software which I only adjust..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back