Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Footer Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGGaN

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
MX
Hi!

I have a report on CR 8.5 with 3 groups. On group 1 I set the "Reset page number after" on so the Page Number would reset every time a new group is printed.

I wanted the total fields to print everytime at the end of group 1, so I placed them on the Page footer instead of placing them on the Report Footer (that printed the totals only on the last page).

Since I want the totals printed only on the last page of each group I placed this formula on the suppress option of the page footer section:

IF (PageNumber <> TotalPageCount) THEN
TRUE
ELSE
FALSE

It works fine except for the blank space at the bottom of each page that is not the last page.

Example:
Suppose I have 3 records for group one and all the records printed occupy about 2 pages. I would have a page count like this:

Page 1, page 2, Page 1, page 2, Page 1, page 2

I want the totals to be printed on every &quot;page 2&quot;. With the suppress formula I supress the totals on &quot;Page 1&quot; but a blank space remains where the totals were. I don't know how to suppress this blank space (I already tried with the suppress blank space option).

I appreciate any help!

Magda

Hi !

If it is a group, you can have your total fields in the GroupFooter section.

And if you want the total printed at the bottom of the page you can format the GF-section and select the chooise &quot;Print at Bottom of Page&quot;.

/Goran

Ohh Thank you very much :D

Magda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back