Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page footer for a sub report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcmike

Programmer
Sep 9, 2005
US
I have a sub report in which I need a page footer on. I know sub reports don't usually have page footers, or page headers for that matter, but I found a work around for a page header. Is there any such thing for page footers in a subreport?

Thanks

The standard work-round is to create a 'group' that includes everything in the subreport. This can be repeated for each page. Is this what you've done?

Also which version of Crystal?

But I don't think there is a method to mimic page footers in a subreport.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Using CR 9.
Yes that was the workaround I used to mimic page header. Couldn't find anything for page footer though....

The way to do this is to create two formulas:

//{@reset} to be placed in the (fake) page header:

Whileprintingrecords;
numbervar linecnt := 0;

//{@linecnt} to be placed in the detail section:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar linecnt := linecnt + 1;

Observe the line count at the bottom of the page (let's say it is 45), and then insert a detail_b section and place your page footer info in it. Then go to the section expert->detail_b->suppress and enter:

{@linecnt} <> 45

Also, go to "new page after"->x+2 and enter:

not onlastrecord and
{@linecnt} = 45

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back