Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Fault in module Grpwise.exe 0187:00689dod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillis

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2001
Hi out there...

A user called to say she was in "Calendar" and upon exiting it she received the dreaded "Groupwise caused an invalid page fault ...etc..." We have uninstalled and reinstalled Groupwise, yet still get the same message when starting Groupwise.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jg

What font is she printing her calendar in? Be sure the font size is listed in the drop down. We had a user that FOREVER got invalid page faults in Groupwise and tried everything. It turned out to be the font size he was printing his calendar in.

If you are still having the problem, does it travel with the user (on another computer) or does it happen to anyone on that particular computer?

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

Thanks Mark for responding - actually we did discover (after reinstalling the client) that the problem follows the user. My tech thought he solved the problem because he logged in and it worked. However, the user logged in as themselves this a.m. and it didn't work again. I tried her login at my PC and sure enough, no go. Thinking it might be a corruption of her mailbox I ran Groupwise Utilities in Netware Admin to "fix" her database, etc... however, it doesn't seem to have helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks again, jg

Do you get the fault when starting the GW client or when opening the calendar? What is the error message? What mailbox repair settings did you use?

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

To "applesink855"

Good point; however, we can't get the program running again to see and the user doesn't have a clue what she was actually doing at the time it crashed (except that she was doing "something" in Calendar). So my main goal right is to get Groupwise to run again under that user's login.

Thanks for your input. jg

Mark,

In response to your questions: I ran only one option - Analyze/Fix databases (User & Message)
I checked the following boxes - Structural, Index, Contents and Fix Problem.

Thanks,

jg

JG,
Try these:

Hopefully one of these is what you are looking for. Also try using the stand alone version of GW check. You can find it in your software directory: grpwise\software\admin\utility\gwcheck\gwchk32.exe It many times will fix things in a mailbox that the gwcheck in nwadmin won't.

Good luck,

Mark ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back