Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Display after Loaded 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJARON

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
There is a way to have a page wait to display until all of the images are loaded. Anybody know the code. I have seen it before but nothing turns up in a search on the site.

Also, is there a way to force a background image to load before the rest of the page. Thank you in advance for any help with these questions.
Tim

This is how I do it in 'Dreamweaver'. Creat a layer the size of your entire page. Put it immediately below the body tag so it covers all other layers and/or tables. Set the background color to that of your page and put in a 'please wait' message if you want to. Attach a behavior to the 'body' tag: behavior = hide layer (the one above) action= onload.
If you really need the code itself I'll have to send it later, and I'm not sure about your second question.

Thanks wblue,
Got it working. Appreciate the help.

Anyone have any idea about forcing a background to load before the rest of a page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back