Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page description

Status
Not open for further replies.

luusid

MIS
Dec 4, 2002
US
When I look up files in an index of a folder I see file name/last modified/size/description columns. What I would like to do is make sure a description shows up in the description column but I can't figure out how to get it there. Where would I put this information and is there some sort of tag that needs to identify it?

Please help.... Thanks in advance.

David

We are looking at it through a web browser. We would like to list the files there and have a description of it so we can then choose one based on what we are looking for. Almost an FTP server type lookup but with html files instead. We don't want to have a page with links, just a folder.

What browser/OS? Is it basically like a windows folder?
If so you just need to right click on the description bar and customise it!?

É
::

In IE 5.X or 6.0 we put in a path name such as and when we get to that folder there isn't an index page to start a website... It just lists files in that folder. The description for each file doesn't show up. How do we get it to show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back