Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page cannot be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmm

Programmer
Mar 25, 2004
CA
I have a web site designed by someone else that I would like to run from our server. Most of the pages are PHP. We didn't run PHP before, so I installed PHP on our server (Windows Server 2003) and set it up in IIS (6.0). The pages are still not running. Is there something that I have to do to get the PHP pages working?

Thansk.

bit hard to say as we dont know what u have done but if make a new page called test.php and put <html><body>
<?php phpinfo() ?> </body><html>
then go to this page with your browser, what happens? you should get a long print out but if it prints phpinfo() to the browser window php is not working correctly :(

tImm,
what database are you trying to use?

I will have to configure this myself so will do this later on today, but it may be worth checking that I build the same system to compare.

JR
(In need of a cool signature)

I have to apologize,
but due to all my Novell servers making a mess of things I was unable to install IIS and PhP.

Maybe I will get a chance tomorrow!

JR
(In need of a cool signature)

Thanks for responding. I haven't looked at the problem since last week, but will be looking at it again starting today.

I am not using a database.

Well,
unfortunatelly I have a bit of a delay in things I wanted to do, because my colleague is off, so I am running the show alone.

I am sure however that other forum members are using this config, so maybe they can reply?

JR
As a wise man once said: To build the house you need the stone.
Back to the Basics!

did you restart IIS ?

I got all sorts of problems running PHP on PWS, you have to set some options in the php.ini file. For a start can you try running a simple script from the root of the IIS service ?, I could run from the root or sub directories in the root. I couldn't run anything from virtual directories, I had to use apache in the end.

I'm having the same problem with php 4.2.3 cgi executable on windows 2003 server running iis 6. What version of php are you using? Have you found any answers? We just moved from windows 2000 server to 2003 and blam - nothing works - not only does nothing work - the pages can't even be found!

Actually I should add a few things here:

1. If I put a file, index.html, in my webroot, and browse to it, i can see it in my browser, no problem.

2. I double checked to make sure the extension .php was associated with the php.exe executable in iis configuration. it is.

3. I change the name of index.html to index.php in my webroot and then try to browse to index.php. Page not found. Then I restart iis just for the fun of it, and try to browse to my .php page - nothing. Page not found.

Help?

and now add the following steps:

4. went into iis adminstration panel, added php.exe to the server extensions and set to be allowed

5. copied php.ini to c:\php\php.ini, c:\windows, c:\windows\system32

in my php.ini force_redirect is set to 0 (zero).

i'm at a total loss....

I had the same problem - if I took a simple PHP script and changed the extension to .html or .txt, I could view it fine, but if it was .php it would give me the "file cannot be found error." Here's how I solved it on my Win2k3/IIS6 server:
1) In the IIS manager, expand the server name
2) Click on "Web Service Extensions"
3) Click "Add new Web Service Extension"
4) Enter "PHP" for Extension Name
5) Under "Required Files", click Add and browse to your php.exe file and add it.
6) Click OK

All was well after I did that. I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back