Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Cannot be Displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtobe

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
US
Hello All,

I have a user who is connecting to a website that she enters via ID and PWD. This is a website where it pulls information regarding patients. She used to be able to do a search and after completing what she needed to do, click the "back button" in IE and she would be brought back to the screen with her search results. Now she is getting "page cannot be displayed". If she clicks "refresh" it brings her back to the main search screen (without results) so she needs to enter this information again.

We use local profiles,it seems to be associated with her profile because if I log in to windows and she accesses the website there is no problem. Other users are also not having this issue.

We use IE 6, XP Pro Svc Pk 2. Nothing changed on her computer before this stopped working.

I have cleared temp files. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help

Having read through your post the first thing, that jumped out at me was that the site sounds like its a secure site and using the back button quite often produces a page not found on purpose for security reasons.

Rather than use the back button is there any options on the page like previous screen you could use instead. Or return to search page.

I would check with the web page developers on the site as well, I doubt they would recommend you use the back button, but it is worth checking with them. Banking sites for example make sure you cannot do this.

Also could the user just display separate windows so you keep the web search in one window, maybe right clicking and do open in new window ? Then you don't need the back button.

Either way if you have to sign into something with a username and password any good site would make sure you DO get a page is not displayed for security !!

Cheers
PCMad

Thank you for the response. The thing about this is that if I sign in to the computer and the user logs into the website, she doesnt have any issues using the back button. Other users also are not having this issue. Short of recreating her profile, I was wondering if there is other areas that I could look within her profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back