Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page cannot be displayed in IE 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinsharma0007

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
IN
Hi,

I have AOL 9 and IE 6.0. I cannot open any websites in internet explorer. I keep getting a message. The page cannot be displayed.

Repaired I.E. but still the same problem. Any suggestions?

If this is AOL broadband it is likely your MTU setting is incorrect. Set both your router (if used) and your client MTU to 1400. DrTcp, freeware, can be used to set your client MTU:
For general cases of pages not resolving, re-register the DLLs that are critical. For all versions of IE 6.x, use IEFix:
For XP SP2, you can Start, Run, c:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe /rereg

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using BT Voyager 105 modem. So the above is not applicable to me. I have been with the AOL tech support but the problem still persists.

Any other suggestions?

For general cases of pages not resolving, re-register the DLLs that are critical. For all versions of IE 6.x, use IEFix:
Then repair your Winsock service stack. See for all versions of Windows from Win98 -- XP: faq779-4625

Hi,

I have a user whos page wont retrieve data from my Db, he is using the AOL browser, I dont know which version, but wondering if this is a typical thing, or maybe a resolve available?

Life is a journey that always ends up in the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back