Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowee

Technical User
May 17, 2001
US
I have multiple page breaks is there a way to delete them all at one time?

Yes. First, select the part of your document containing the page breaks you want to get rid of, or Select All, as the case may be. Next, click on EDIT, then REPLACE.
In the FIND AND REPLACE dialog box, if there's a button marked MORE, click it to get the full range of options.
With your insertion point in the FIND WHAT box, click on the SPECIAL button, and you get a list of special characters. The one you're after is MANUAL PAGE BREAK. Click on this and it puts the string: ^m into the box.
Leave the REPLACE WITH box blank (i.e., replace ^m with nothing) and click on REPLACE ALL.

Small addendum to Neddy's solution: I suppose you just want to replace multiple pagebreaks with a single one.
Follow Neddy's solution, but replace ^m^m with ^m. You must repeat a "Replace all" until no more replacements are reported (to get rid of "triplets and higher").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back