Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page breaks in Crystal 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyld

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
US
I have a report that has 4 groups and detail section.
Group 1 - Claim
Group 2 - Patient
Group 3 - Source
Group 4 - Invoice

I want a page break when the Claim changes. Sounds simple enough but if the person has more invoices that what fit on one page, I get one page with the Claim (blank on the bottom), another page with the Patient (blank on the bottom), then the Source with all the invoices.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

what are you doing to cause the page break??

in the footer of the group for Claim...you should enable "New Page After"....all other sections with "new Page After" should be cleared Jim Broadbent

BTW .... "new Page Before"'s should be totally cleared of all sections Jim Broadbent

The headings for group 1 show:
account
patient name

The heading for group 2 shows the patient name.
The heading for group 3 shows the source.
The heading for group 4 shows the invoice.

Each account has multiple locations.
Each location can have multiple patients.
Each patient can have mulitple sources.
Each source can be multiple invoices.

In this data, I have a number of patients lumped under a blank account and blank location. When the patient name changes, I'd like the heading for group 1 to reprint on the top of a new page.

I changed the field for Group 1 to be the results of concatenating the claim number and patient; it prints a new page for each patient.

If I try to add the location or account to the concatenated claim/patient field, it doesn't work. I get the name of the first patient on the top of the page and multiple patients on the page.

I'm just trying to get account, location, patient and claim number on the top of all the pages. Am I making this too complicated???? This is my first attempt at Crystal and I'm getting frustrated. I don't have any documentation for Crystal. Is there some website that might help??

Thanks for your help and letting me vent. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back