Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page break problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thread

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
I am writing a report that looks like this:

GH 1a - Student ID
GH 1b - SubReport (Student's Grade Report)
GH 2 - Faculty ID
GH 3a - Faculty and Term Info
GH 3b - Faculty Comments
Details - suppressed
GF 3 (New Page After)
GF 2 - suppressed
GF 1 - (New Page After)

GH 1 is repeated on each page.

My data includes students with multiple faculty members who each need their comment on a single page that shows the student's grade report at the top of the page. I'm sure you can see my problem - I need a new page after the faculty comment so that each faculty can have their own sheet of paper and I need a new page after the student record is complete so that the next student record begins at the top of the next page - so what I get is one extraneous header (grade record) at the change of each student group because of the way I have forced the pagination. There must be a better way to do this! Any ideas?

I may not understand this correctly, but I would think that a formula in the GF3 using NEXT might solve this.

next({studentid}) = {studentid}

Then you'll only kick a page when they're the same, the GF1 would then handle that page.

-k

You understand perfectly and that works - Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back