Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Break on Group Footer not working? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

supportsvc

Technical User
Jan 24, 2018
US
Trying to set a "page break" on Group Footer #4, however the DepartmentRecap info on the Group Footer with the Check Amount are showing on the employee page and then the details on the next page.

I have it set on New Page After the formula NOT OnLastRecord

Tried it just checking the New Page After also

Same results.

Not sure why the Group Footer line isn't staying together with the details on the next page?

I've also tried Keep Together

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1535739409/tips/Audit_hlwllv.bmp[/url]

That is not what I meant. I should have said conditional selection instead of suppression.

Look at the formulas you are using to display results in the Group 7 footers, where you conditional select a running total based on a report section A, B, C. This is what is complicating the report. I think you should at least remove the references to C, and instead put the "C" running totals in the Group #1 Footer. You can copy the row labels in the Group 7 footer section into the Group 1 Footer, to make this a quicker process. Place the "C" running totals directly into this section, without embedding them in a formula.

I'm guessing you didn't design this report yourself.

-LB

Ok, I'll try to do what you stated here to best of my knowledge.

Thank you

That is correct. RE: I did not create the report.
It's an out-of-the-box by the software program they use and requested these changes.

I copied the GF7 a,b,c to the GF1
I copied the conditional formula from those over to the GF1 and on the related fields
I copied the GH1 to GF1
I suppressed GH1 and copied the conditional formula to GF1 on the related fields

Ok, it's not working.
Obviously it could be what I did or did not do correctly

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a46d326a-7446-48fa-89e9-c68836e4b958&file=PR_DataEntryAudit.rpt
That wasn’t what I suggested. I’m sorry but I don’t think we are communicating well enough for me to be of assistance.

-LB

I believe I did what you had stated?

I Cut the Running total labels from Group Footer 7c to Group Footer 1
It's not working
The Deductions Total shows on the 1st page of the ReportRecap and on the last page but the Deduction detail still shows on separate pages

I think you should at least remove the references to C, and instead put the "C" running totals in the Group #1 Footer. You can copy the row labels in the Group 7 footer section into the Group 1 Footer, to make this a quicker process. Place the "C" running totals directly into this section, without embedding them in a formula.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a81e6a46-226e-4ab9-ab76-0519056d6e3f&file=PR_DataEntryAudit.rpt
You need to undo the conditional field suppression formulas on everything you copied over for one thing. Not sure why you suppressed the GH1.

-LB

I unsuppressed GH1 and removed the conditional field suppression formulas

The Deductions, which are in Details a and sometimes in Details m, that are showing on separate pages on most of them, whereas the Earnings are showing together on a page.

ReportRecap pages 11-16 (last page is just the ReportRecap total repeated by itself.

Wouldn't a change or changes need to be made at the section that it's showing the data the way they are, separate pages per Deduction in Details a?

UPDATE:

setting the original formula back "on" keeps the ReportRecap as one page
This is on the New Page Before 2x section

' Report Section A = Employee/Check
' Report Section B = Department Recap
' Report Section C = Report Recap
' Employee Section 1 = Earnings Detail
' Employee Section 2 = Allocated Tips
' Employee Section 3 = Deductions Detail
' Employee Section 4 = Tax Detail
' Employee Section 5 = Employer Contribution Detail
' Employee Section 6 = Direct Deposit Detail

formula = {@SortReportBy} = "E" and {PR_DataEntryAuditWrk.ReportSection} = "B"

By doing so, back to the DepartmentRecap GF4 shows after the last employee for each department and the details on the next page. Which is good BUT need to have the Title that's in the GF4 DepartmentRecap line.
I set GF4 to Print On Bottom of Page so the recap details stay together. But as noted, the GF4 shows on the bottom of the last page of the last employee in the department.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f3f4c63a-5a68-451a-a6d8-2c1c152a0ebf&file=PR_DataEntryAudit.rpt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back