Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Break In Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazza123

Technical User
Nov 19, 2001
AU
Does anyone know how to or if u can enter page breaks in reports... like ive got different headings and some of the headings are appearing on the end of the first one, and the data is coming up on the next page..

i want it to come all on the one page.. does anyone know how to do this?

thnx

Your header should be in the Page Header section of the report. Also, there is a property called "Force New Page" for instances when you want to print multiple records on seperate sheets, like the subform details on a form. Sean.

Thnx Perrymans,

but i still dont get where u put the details. ive got the details within page header, but under a different header, if u get wat that means... like its not directly under page header, but under a separate header... do u mean to move all the details to under page header?? i have found the property called force new page, but that tends to give me each new row on a new page, i sorta need it grouped together.

thnx again for your help

Put the "Force New Page" property in the last section, be it Detail or Footer, that you want to show on each page. Everything on that section and above will be on the first page, or pages if the data is more than a page long, and then it will start the next lot on a new page. Don't put it in a page footer though.

Keep the Details in the Details section, and the header in the Page Header section. Just shorten the secondary header until it meets with the Page Header.It sounds as though this second header is how you decided to group your data when you created the report. Have the Page Header info in that section and your pages contents in the Details section will keep them orginized. It also sounds like you may be trying to display different Headers and Details on different pages. Is that so? Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back