Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page-break-before, page-break-after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabush

Programmer
Jan 15, 2001
US
I have a page with three tables and want the third table to print to the next page. I used
<DIV STYLE=&quot;page-break-before:always&quot;></DIV> before the second table.
The funny thing is, when I print it from my teammates computer, it works, but from mine, not.

I am using IE 5.0, he is using IE 5.5. From all I have read, IE 5 should recognize the page-break attribute, right?

Any ideas?

I know it is reaaaaally late on this one, but I was wondering if you had solved this problem, becuase I am having a very similar one. According to Microsoft, the page-break-(before | after) will work in IE 4, but I have not found this to be the case. Anyway, if you have fixed this problem please let me know, Thanks! &quot;A computer scientist is a person who knows when it is time to hit the computer.&quot;

John

johnmc@mvmills.com

Did you ever get an answer to your question. I am experiencing this same problem. Please assist.

Nope sorry. &quot;A computer scientist is a person who knows when it is time to hit the computer.&quot;

John

johnmc@mvmills.com

Are the page-break statements supposed to work in Netscape? Mine work fine in IE55 but not in Netscape 4.7x or 6.2.

Any info would be appreciated.

This is how I do it, don't know if it works under ie4 or netscape, anyway:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN&quot; &quot;<html>
<head>
<title>page</title>
<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
.pagebreak {page-break-before:always}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<p>this is page 1
<div class='pagebreak'>&nbsp;</div>
<p>this is page 2
</body>
</html>