Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paetec

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobiledynamics

Technical User
Jun 4, 2008
US
What do ya'll think of Paetec as a telephone vendor - carrier. Between Global XO, Paetec & MCI, we are leaning in the direction of Paetec as our provider. I've heard nothing but positive things about the customer service as well.

Love to hear your advice on Paetec or just voice carriers in general.

They're pretty good, but make sure they understand who's in charge. Some of the sales engineers can be arrogant. Don't forget they're also an Avaya Business Partner. On the whole, they're better than all the other CLECs.

We have had pretty good luck with them. I am doing my first paetec SIP to IP Office install this week. I will post back after we are done. on the PRI side we have had great luck with them.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

They do not go to all International destinations, found this out the hard way

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Interesting. Care to share which ones ? I'm going to assume the bigger destinations should have coverage.

Vietnam for one

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I did my first installaton with them this last weekend. They don't understand the term "screen codes" for motel restrictions. It's also created a nightmare for routing since calls to area codes 317,765, and parts of 217 are local. (we're going to charge as if it were AT&T at 10 cnets a minute).

I'll probably know more about how good they are in a couple of weeks.

LkEErie

I have PAETEC right now, my sales rep at first sucked. We switched to a new person by requesting it through her manager. Things after that have been great for 2+ years. I've heard they cost a bit more than other providers, but the quality is there. I've yet to have any network downtime, so I'm at 100% right now -- with exceptions to my own doings.

Yes, I would recommend PAETEC fully.

Thx for the feedback. The majority of downtime is local loops....Service cost is competative in the market.

Our telco just merged with patec. we were mcleod customers for quite a few years and they are now a patec company. so far i'm pretty unhappy as we used to have a regular tech out of one office and they switched us to a different tech out of an even further away office. they are also considering doing away with our redundant links. We currently have 2 OC3 connections that come in from 2 different directions to a small C/O of there's that is hosted in out data center and then from there we feed about 9 school districts with telephone service over our own dedicated fiber. they want to drop us to just a single OC3.

Quite a few of our customers have paetec. My only complaint in working with them has been an abuncdance of "nope, everything looks fine on our end", followed immediately by whatever problem we were having miraculously fixing itself.

outphase84....that is typical of most providers. On very very few occasions have I ever seen a provider/CO/Telco admit a problem was on their end, but like you said, miraculously the problem goes away!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

It went very easy. The customer was on Paetec MPLS. All we did was point the SIP trunk at the IP they gave us and we were good to go. I am not sure how the quality was. The customer decided to go back to PRI after they found out modems and faxing doesnt work well over SIP. We are doing a lot of SIP to the customer site and then they break it out as a PRI to us from an IAD and that seems pretty good.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back