Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package Description files for EPOv3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntieEPO

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Hi

Forgive me if im missing something but in order to deploy VScan451 and Netshield451 from a newly installed epOv3 server i need to "insert a package" to the repository correct?

Except these package description files (*.z) it wants seem to be eluding me - where do i get them? They are not part of the downloaded products or indeed on the CDs containing these products. At first I assumed that they would be zip files but i guess not. Doing a "pull now" simply pulls DATs and SDATS etc - no poducts from the source repository. I need to be able to deploy these two products. PLS HELP!!

I found that same problem earlier today.
We had the install files for Vscan451 on the network for the longest time, probably since way before ePo3 was released, so I ended up re-downloading Vscan451 from the McAfee website, and it was included in the new zip file.
Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for that, re-downloading the Vscan product worked, however the download currently available for Netshield 4.5 does NOT contain the package description file neded to check it into the epo3 repository.

Does anyone know where I am supposed to get this file from if not from McAfee? or another way of insterting Netshield 4.5sp1 into the repository so I can deploy itw ith epo3?

Cheers

I found the answer - the file is available under the ePo v3 directory on the download site for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back