Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package and Deployment Wizard error number 380

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeleegie

Programmer
May 15, 2002
HK
When I try to package the application by package and deployment wizard, the wizard during compiling time said that Unexpected error number 380 has occurred: Invalid property value. I don't know why it will happen even I've reinstalled the vb again. All my applications face this error. Anyone can slove it out or face it before?

where is stand-alone P&D?
If it is in Start Menu>Microsoft VB6 Tools>P&D Wizard, it fails too

yes, i have compile it in vb and P&D Wizard have such error during loading wizard period.

It sounds to me like you have a bug in your code that is preventing you from compiling but not from running. When you run from the IDE do you exercise all possible branches of your program? Take a look at the property values you are assigning and make sure your types match.....Do you have the Option Explicit set? If not set it and then resolve the type issues....

but my problem is that every old application I worked before also face this problem to initialize P&D wizard. and I also face it after I reinstall vb or xp....

Well sounds like a tough one. Have you tried downloading the visual installer v1.1 and giving that a go? I think you will need to download the merge files and populate the //\vsinit\buildres directory as well. It's all free stuff from good ol bill.....

hey man, i got it! It's really help! Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back