Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package and Deployment Wizard - error 80010108: Automation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyV

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
CA
I've completed a simple little app using VB6 Enterprise Edition (SP5), which uses various neat activeX controls (ActiveBar toolbar, and Xpress SideBar). Also, I'm using ADO to talk to an Access 2000 database and Crystal Reports Developer 8.5 to display reports.

When I try to package it into a setup executable, I receive an unexpected error at the end of the packaging process as follows:
"Unexpected error number 80010108 has occurred: Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its client."

Does anyone know what the prob might be?
I hope I included all the important info.

Thx in advance,
Jon

See if this fixes it. It is an answer I gave to a similar problem.

I found this with MSDN Search, Knowledge Base (not All MSDN) using PDW DISCONNECTED
RESOLUTION
The Crystal Decisions Web site at states:

To resolve this error, open Crystl32.dep in Notepad or a similar text editor and modify the section:

[CRPE32.DLL]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Uses1=CRPE32.DLL
Uses2=

So that it reads:

;[CRPE32.DLL]
;Dest=$(WinSysPath)
;Uses1=CRPE32.DLL
;Uses2=

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back