Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package and Deployment - wininet.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungovan

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
IE
Hi.
I've finished my application and have ran the package and deployment program.

Then, I try to install the program and it goes grand for a little bit. But half way through the installation an error comes up saying:
"The file C:\WINDOWS\System32\wininet.dll is being used by another program. Make sure all applications are not running"

But there is no other programs running. I even disconnected form the LAN.

It then won't let me finish off the installation.

Any ideas??

Thanks
D

Do you have a Firewall in progress or even possibly a virus checker? This could be interfering with your progress. It may be an idea to try using a proprietory installation package like Installshield or Wise (there are others) because the supplied Deployment is p r e t t y basic, although this does rack up an extra bill for you....

MS Installer is free. So is INNO. And they are both better than P&DW!

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

I get error messages all the time using the P&DW. Usually if I just click the yes's or ignore's, it keeps on running and all is well.

But I just tried the INNO installer, and I like it a heck of a lot better.

It makes a single *.exe.

Takes a little getting used to, but I highly recommend it (based on just one program packaged today).

-----
The death of dogma is the birth of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back