Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package and Deployment Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonioJ

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
PH
What is the possible cause of this error:

"Unexpected error number 80010108 has occurrd: Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."

It occurs after clicking the "FINISH" button before it creates the setup.lst file.

CAN ANYBODY HELP? I have an URGENT requierement for deploying my package..... Thank you in advance...

Thanks for your reply John. I am not running it inside the VB IDE. I run the PDW stand alone. I am using Windows 2000 as my OS. I alreay prepare all the files (executable and INI) needed for deployment in one folder in my local drive. Project type is Standard EXE only.

I found this with MSDN Search, Knowledge Base (not All MSDN) using PDW DISCONNECT
RESOLUTION
The Crystal Decisions Web site at states:

To resolve this error, open Crystl32.dep in Notepad or a similar text editor and modify the section:

[CRPE32.DLL]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Uses1=CRPE32.DLL
Uses2=

So that it reads:

;[CRPE32.DLL]
;Dest=$(WinSysPath)
;Uses1=CRPE32.DLL
;Uses2=

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

Hello John,
Thank you for your help. It worked! Now I can proceed to the next phase of my deployment. Thank you very much.

OK. Thank you very much for your help John. BTW, where you from? And what's your current project?

Arlington, Va.

IBM mainframe EAI to Windows 2000 Server/Host Integration(SNA) / Biztalk environment using VB.Net. 37 years as mainframe programmer and VB3/5/6/Net since 1995. Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

cool. Me from Manila, Philippines.

Currently, I work as IT Consultant. And I'm using VB since 1999. And now, starting to make a shift from VB to Java. got an email address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back