Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package & deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denster

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
GB
I have created a setup program using the package & deployment wizard. There was no problem in this process but the setup program throws an error up when I try to run it, and wont install the application.

"The file WINDOWS\TEMP\MSFTQWS.PDW\$(DLLSELFREGISTEREX), could not be registered because it was not found"

Has anybody come across this message before, or any suggestions as to what to do about it would be much apreciated!.

are you using any ActiveX or 3rd party controls and added those into your package ?

I just had the same problem recently. Go to this link:

It closely, though not completely, describes the problem.

I opened up the Setup.lst in Notepad. This file is part of your deployment package created when you ran the Package and Deployment Wizard and is located in the same folder as your setup.exe, cab file(s), etc.

I then went to the section called '[Setup1 Files]' and changed the following line:

File10=@MSCAL.OCX,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegisterEx),$(Shared),1/14/00 5:07:10 PM,111544,9.0.0.3620

to:

File10=@MSCAL.OCX,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared),1/14/00 5:07:10 PM,111544,9.0.0.3620

yours may look slightly different, but all I really did was remove the 'Ex' from the 'DLLSelfRegisterEx' like step 2 in the KB article says to do and then saved it.

I think someone in this forum pointed me in this direction when I had the problem. Anyway, this took care of my problem. Hope it does yours as well.

OK I've changed the data in the setup.lst file and the installation was succesfull. However the application will not run. during the setup process I also got an access violation error on this file :-

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSFTQWS.PDW

The only option it gave me was to ignore it and carry on with the setup.

I have added the DAO to the project along with a few other VB controls.

Sorry Denster, I just saw the reply. Anyway, do a search on this subject in this forum using "DLLSELFREGISTEREX" as your search criteria. There is a wealth of info in those columns addressing this problem and steps to take to resolve the issue.

Hi there! I am new to tek-tips and Vb as well. I am currentlty trying to package a VB application but i encounter this problem when i finish pakaging and was trying to open the application from anopther desktop. The error message was component 'panelXMX control.tlb or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid?

What is likely the problem?
Then i tried registering panelXMX with regsvr32, it does not work as well because another error prompts saying that
" an error occured while registering the file c:\\windows\system\panelxmxcontrol.ocx"

Is that mean i can only register .dll file? Help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back