Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungovan

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
IE
Hi.
I've finished my application and have called it myApplication and now I'm creating the install setup.exe project for it.

As the program uses DAO I specify the drivers required but when I click Next, the aplication says that I'm missing the necessary file myApplication.CHI.

Hope can I create theis file and what does it do??

Thanks,
D

if your application is myApplication then all files required by vb with same name and other extention will be saved in the folder where u save your main application.

even then i never found any file with .chi extention
nor did i ever wanted it?????

please retry

what appication is it??

The PDW will include all files that are referenced by your app, if it can find them. Is the .chi file some sort of help file (maybe I am thinking .chm) that is set as the help file in project properties? It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

.chm is a possibility
never heard about .chi for anything!!!

.chm is a help file. The PDW is definitly looking for a .chi file.

Thanks,
D

You still need to find where your project references this file and either remove the reference (if it is really not needed) or find the file.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back