Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paches

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJohn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2000
US
i know that there is a patch or program that can be run on a server to see if you are up to date with the latest patches. does any one know what file i am talking about.

if your're at the consloe prompt, i.e. servername:, type in version and you should get a screen that will show you versions and time stamps you need for any patches, which can be compared to novell's web site under minimum patch list. or you can use modules command to display all the modules loaded, os bieng one of them. this can also be accessed by server parameters, modules, in the monitor screen.

from the console type nwconfig then choose product options and you can go product by product and get the current patch level.....then go to the patch list at support.novell.com to see if you are up to date

Download the Config Reader Utility from Novell's web site. The executable file is CFGRD6B.EXE and it's about 1.5 MB and self extracting. Run SETUP.EXE from the directory into which you extracted CFGRD6B.EXE. Load CONFIG.NLM. This creates CONFIG.TXT which Config Reader reads. Start Config Reader and download the latest Novell database (NOVELLDB.INI), which is necessary for Config Reader to properly analyze your server info and offer suggestions.
Once you've downloaded the database, the next step is to open and have Config Reader analyze the CONFIG.TXT file. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back