Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PA Phone (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wl7coe

MIS
Jun 12, 2001
US
Looking for a device that will allow a user to push a button and either dial into the PA system, or power a PA system.

I was hoping to find a phone that had one buttom that could be programmed with a predetermined number. I could set the number to the PA system.

Or a instrument, that when a button is pushed, the user is broadcasted over a speaker.

Looking for something like this to meet some saftey requirements.

I have seen these before years ago and cannot recall a manufacture.

thank you

you should be able to program a key on a digital phone as a hotline to automatically dial the Paging route if it is built into your switch, or build an analog phone as a hotline phone and it will do the same. You just won't be able to use the analog line for anything thing else. It will be dedicated for the feature only.

you can do that with a 2006 and a hot 4 xxxx to the paging system... or a analog phone with a hot d 4 line ar the dn.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Good ideas and I had thought of them. Was looking for a wall mounted instrument that had a button and a speaker (two way). So that a person only had to push a button and talk. I did some other research and found on the paging side of the house paging companies do this, so i will go that direction.

I guess I am looking for you all describe as a hotline, just want it to look like a button and a speaker mounted to the wall.

Thank you

right the paging company will supply you with a analog device that you can program as a hot line, if not check with valcomm, or your local graybar elec supply. they carry that line.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back