Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PA-16COTB card drops connection - SV9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

phadobas

Technical User
Jul 30, 2005
US
In my SV9500, I have an old PA-16COTB card. Currently, there are 4 trunks programmed on that card, each its own route as they serve different purposes. They are all configured as loop start.

I've programmed a new route and new trunk onto that card. The puprose is that when you dial the access code to access that route, that trunk is connected to an audio source, so essentially you would hear the output of that audio source if you dial that trunk access code - from any phone.

And that's what 3 of the other 4 trunks are also already doing.

This new trunk I programmed, seems to be working OK, except it drops the connection at random times. And also, when you try to dial back in, you get busy tone, even though DCON shows the trunk idle. At this time, the busy light on the COT card is on, indicating the trunk is in use. But again, DCON shows idle. After a "while" which could be seconds or minutes, you can dial back in again, and be connected for a few minutes and disconnect again.

One other strange phenomena was that when I first did this, one of the other trunks on the same card took on this strange "false busy" behaviour, where DCON shows idle, but you can't dial it. To solve it, I had to unprogram this additional trunk and move it to another port on the card. I picked the port furtest away from the already existing trunks. The existing trunks were programmed to the lowest LEN of this card, and I moved the new trunk to the highest LEN on this card. Now it doesn't interfere any more with the already existing trunks but it still drops the connectin at random times, and doesn't go idle for many unspecified minutes.

In ARTD all 4 trunks are programmed as this:
1 OSGS: 2
2 ONSG: 3
3 ISGS: 1
4 INSG: 3
5 TF: 1
6 TCL: 1
7 L/T: 1
29 TELP: 1
49 TRKS: 1
50 DPLY: 1

Everything else is 0

The devices connected to these trunks are different make and model and the first 4 have been working fine since the original install. This new one I set up is connected to an audio source with a 3.5mm jack, and the audio cable has 3 wires: red, black and ground. I connected red and ground to the crossconnect wires and punched them down to connect to this new trunk. The audio device sometimes turns off and then turns back on. So first I thought that this "turn off / turn on" is the cause for the disconnection, but no. You could be connected and the line drops even when the audio device just continues to play.

Any thoughts?

With testing I've found the following:

When I dial and get connected to the trunk, my phone shows a timer indicating how long the "call" has been going on. Then when the audio device turns off, the timer stops, but my phone stays connected to the trunk. Then 30 seconds later my phone disconnects from the trunk and the call drops. So essentially as long as the audio device doesn't change from on to off, I can get the audio. And the seemingly random disconnect (which I thought was not related to the change of the audio from on to off) is actually related to the on/off change. It just has a 30 second delay which I guess must be controlled from ARTD.

So now what I'm trying to achieve is that the connection stays up as long as the caller is on the phone, irregardless of the state of the audio source.

Can you try using one of the existing routes and assign trunk two instead of using a new route and have the access code select trunk two. This would eliminate a route data issue. In ARTD RLP CDN 8 should probably be set to 2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back