Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

p630's DLPAR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstone1979

Vendor
Jan 8, 2003
CN
Now , I have done LPAR for P630 successfully, right-click LPAR, "dynamic plogical partitioning" is highlight , but if I try to manipulate resources ,such as adapter,memory or processor ,it will notice error ,similarly like "HMCERRV3DLPAR016 ...", why it happen?
thank for your reply !!

Have you ensured all firmware has been updated to the latest?

I have had this problem for several different reasons.
1) Make sure that you are using the same network naming conventions in all places, i.e.: Short names vs. FQDN names in /etc/hosts on both the LPAR and the HMC
2) Make sure the /etc/resolv.conf is set up correctly, and that the nslookup returns the same as your entries in the host tables in #1 above. Once this is correct, I often then have to reboot the HMC. Once that's done, check to see if the IBM.* daemons are running on the LPAR. If not, do the following: /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -z , then stopssrc -cs ctrmc, then /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -A, then startsrc -s ctrmc and check for the IBM.* daemons running. If all but IBM.DRM and IBM.HostRM are running, start these manually with startsrc -s.
There may be an easier way to deal with this, but this is what has worked for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back