Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P570 LPAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias1003

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
Hello all.

I am trying to lpar a p570 server running AIX 5.3. This machine has 4 internal drives hdisk0,1,2,3. I am trying to create two partition on this server and I want to split the drives as well for mirroring the rootvg. My problem is that 3 of the 4 hdisk are in the same scsi controller. (SCSI5). Any ideas on how to move only one of the drives to the other lpar.

Thanks.

When you create a lpar, you select a slot and therefor the contoller with all devices. You cannot select a single hard-disk. The only way exist, when you phys. move one disk to another controller.

Our P570 was also shipped with 3 of the disks on one controller and the last disk by its lonesome on the other controller. We had an IBM engineer move it for us for load balancing/failover reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back