Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P550 to Cisco via 1000Base-FX not working ?? why ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokarro

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
ZA
I connected a P550 via Fiber to a Cisco the link came up but that's all with other equipment to the Cisco it works first time off .. any ideas ?

I'm having a similar problem. I tried connecting a P550 with a 5504 1000-SX card (or something like that) to a cisco 2950G. When I connect two cisco 2950's together they work great. When I try connecting that cisco to the p550 all I get is link on the p550 side. Nothing on the cisco.

Does anyone have any ideas?

What exactly you are configuring at P550 on 1000Base Sx port ?

Can you give exact config. of that particular port.

US

I haven't made any changes to the default configuration on the lucent side. On the cisco 2950 I set storm control limits and enabled the port. I also set the interface for switchport mode access

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
switchport mode access
storm-control broadcast level 20.00 10.00
storm-control multicast level 20.00 10.00

I'm also having the same problem between a P550 and a cisco 6500... any clues

PJ

I talked with someone in a new group and they brought a few things to my attention. The hardware version of the sx card in the lucent doesn't support auto negotiation. The gigabit ports on the cisco use auto negotiation. There is no way to set the speed but you can say "speed nonnegotiate" and it the port then is set at 1000-full (for the gbic that i am using).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back