Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P410i controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anndy

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have an HP DL380 G6 with a SCSI P410i controller (drive 0 & 1 are RAID 1 drive 2, 3, 4 & 5 are RAID 5 ) and a SAS expansion card connected to a Quantum SupperLoader3 LTO4 tape drive. The backup software CA ARCserve15 does not see the tape drive. Talking with Quantum tech support, they tell me that the P410i controller is not supported and that I should use an HP SC44Ge card.

IF I remove the SAS expansion card and add the SC44Ge card will that affect my RAID setup?

Anndy,

Your post is confusing. I'm hesitant to provide any help without knowing the exact config and what you're attempting to do. If the tape drive isn't connected to the P410, then why would Quantum be concerned with whether or not it's supported by their loader? It doesn't make sense.

However....

If the drives are only connected to the P410 and the P410 only has drives connected to it (no tape drive), then replacing your "SAS expansion card" shouldn't affect the arrays. The only thing you'll need to be concerned with is the boot device order. The P410 will need to be set as your boot device.

Also, before purchasing a controller for the tape drive, make sure it's supported by Arcserve. They should have a supported device list out on their website.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hello,

Talked with CA support and they told me to run MS hotfix 943545. This worked, everything is good in my world.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back