Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P4 & ABit BL7 boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmthGary

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
GB
Hi

I have just finished building a PC for a friend. Using:

P4 1600 (Skt478)
ABit BL7 (Non-raid)

Once finished building the PC powered up first time and i was able to install Windows XP Home. I then installed all the drivers provided with the mobo and various apps. The PC was left on and when i came back to it a few hours later the screen was blank as if the PC was in suspend mode.

So i reset the PC and fans spun but there was no power to drives. PSU installed is an Enermax 431W so not a PSU problem (unless its faulty). There are no POST beeps but the POST indicator is shwoing A7. Any ideas!? I have checked the RAM and it is fine.

Check out this site. Since you have not given a BIOS type, it would be impossible to properly identify the problem from the POST code you listed. Here is a site worth looking at for troubleshooting POST and BIOS codes

Good luck.
Joelee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back