Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P3.06/9700pro having trouble with 3dMark03

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMan118

Technical User
Apr 26, 2003
US
I just built a fairly state of the art computer, and once it was completed I ran the 3dMark03 benchmark test. My scores were abysmally low – 2018 when booted with no background tasks. According to what I read I should be getting 5k+.

The system specs are:

Pentium 4/3.06ghz (533 fsb)
Asus P4SDX Motherboard
Radeon 9700 pro
Audigy 2 Platinum
2x 512 mb Mem (corsair) (Motherboard supports duel-channel mem)
7200rpm ATA/133 harddrive

I’ve updated the audigy drivers, the catylyst drivers (using 3.2), and the bios for the motherboard.

The case also has 4x 80mm fans. It runs very cool.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong? I’m stumped.

Thanks,
J.

Did you set your own settings in the 3dmark03, or are you using the default settings?

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

I downloaded the freebie version – so the settings are all default (From what I saw they were set to optimal).

Do you have AGP 8X support enabled in your BIOS? Also make sure your memory timings are set properly.

Your right, thats about half the score you should be getting.

Have you checked:

All the motherboard drivers, AGP speed etc, but most importantly a variety of drivers. Initial Driver installs on my system (quite similar to yours) gave a 3Dmark03 score of just under 3k. After trying the second-newest drivers at the time I now get 4-4500 (exact score I do not recall).

interested in what the problem is.. I ordered almost the exact same configuration, but with a liquid cooled case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back