Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P10 headset connector doesn't work on M2250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecorn

Programmer
Apr 25, 2014
CA
Good day,

Is there any sort of special config required with a 2250 console to make a P10 headset adapter work with an H series plantronics headset? I've tested the headset with a regular 2616 phone and it works great, I can also get the 2250 and the headset to work with and M12 amplifier and a handset adapter. It would stand to reason that the P10 should be doing some sort of amplification like the M12, but how can it without batteries or power source? I have a pile of like 10 P10 adapters, they can't all be broken (but I do wonder why there are so many here that I inherited). There must be something dead simple that I'm overlooking due to it being Friday afternoon.

Thanks,
Mike

There is no special config, it either works or it doesn't. The 2250 Console handset is even different than a digital set. It uses the old carbon type handset.

Try flipping the connector over. If the M2250 console goes automatically in Night mode, you have it upside-down.

I tried it both ways, as well as both sides as there are ports on both ends of the console, still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back