Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P/W TO WIN2000 PRO (PEER TO PEER) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
US
I'm running windows 2000 Pro and windows 98 se, I have both of then link together.
what I would like to known is, when I try to open the drive on win2000pro, it's asking me for a password.
How can I tell what is password it is. I have try all the p/w that I use on none of then work.
Please help.

Hi,
Go to my computer on the W2K machine-right click on the drive you wish to share-unshare it then reshare it.
Do the same on the w98 machine.
Have you tried a blank password?

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

Set up a user on the 2k machine with same username/password that you use to logon to 98 machine with.

Thank you wolluf, I try it and it work.

I have Win 2000 Pro running on a Compaq Armada 7400 notebook.

I want to do something simple...change the screen resolution to match that of my desktop at work (this is running Win 2000 XP on a Dell desktop). If I go to 'Start', 'Settings', 'Control Panel', 'Display' for both
machines the verbage at work says 'Screen Resolution' above the 'slider bar'....at home it says 'Screen Size Pixels..'.
Sure enough if I change the slider on the laptop...it changes the 'size of the window' on the screen...NOT the screen resolution. At work the change alters resolution as expected. What is the issue here ???? I don't see any 'screen resolution' opportunity on the notebook.

LCD displays are generally fixed at 60 Hz.
You are not given the freedom with an LCD display that you have with an analogue monitor.

You might consider downloading from Dell a new adapter driver set, and a new monitor driver set, if available. Install both and then try the adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back