Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P.S. Since I was working within a

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnayana

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
US
P.S. Since I was working within a form I originally posted this thread in the forms forum. But after thinking about it, I thought maybe I should've posted it here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me with the following problem (I hope I can explain this in the simplest way):

I am trying to generate a Tracking Number for all new records based on the Fiscal Year. The Fiscal Year is from Oct to Sep. The Tracking Number is formatted as follows: CY03-001, etc. Currently, there are existing records for FY03. I already have my code for the Fiscal Year, which is working properly. My problem comes in when I try to format a new record based on the new Fiscal Year. I have a test form that I am working with and if I enter 10/01/2003, then in my unbound text box, the value is CY05 when it should be CY04. I am not sure where the problem is coming from as I have tried stepping through my code. If anyone can take a look at the following code and inform me where I am making my mistakes at, I be forever grateful.

I have a form with three unbound text boxes.

TextBox1 (i.e., Me.FY) = 10/01/2003.
TextBox2 (i.e., Me.FYYear) displays 2004.
TextBox3 (i.e., Me.FYTrackNo) displays CY05; should display CY04.

Code:
Private Sub FY_LostFocus()
    Dim gFiscalYear1
    Dim nFiscalYear1
    Dim dtefY
    Dim iCount As Integer

iCount = 1

dtefY = Me.FY.Value

' Based on the given date, determine the fiscal year.
    If (Month(dtefY) >= 10) Then
        nFiscalYear1 = Year(dtefY) + 1
    Else
        nFiscalYear1 = Year(dtefY)
    End If
    Me.FYYear = nFiscalYear1
    Me.FYTrackNo = "CY" & Format(Me.FYYear.Value, "yy") & "-" & Format(iCount, "000")

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back