Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P-4 2.4C, Intel D865PERL motherboard-- problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcomputer

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
US
hi,

My latest problem,

I have a pentium 4 2.4C and an Intel D865PERL motherboard. Cant get the system to boot at all. I am using (2)Kingston PC2700 512Meg sticks. Checked intel website and they are supported. I have tried two monitors, three video cards, (both AGP and PCI), two power supplies. I also noticed that the cd-rom drives lights stay on, but you can not open them. There is also no power going to the hard drive. The only thing that happens is the heatsink fan spins and the power supply fan spins.

I have tried this system out of the case on some cardboard and still nothing. Now Intels web site says I need a BIOS update ASAP, Fine but the computer has to work first I would think. :) I can see no jumpers that need to be messed with. I have a new antec server style case that previously had a AMD 2800XP in it, everything worked fine then.

This is my first pentium system I have owned. I have built a ton of both AMD and pentium systems and I am starting to kick myself for trying a Pentium for my machine.. No not really just getting ready for doom 3 and half life 2. :)

Well any help is much appreciated.
Tpinky

Hey all, Never mind, I got it.. I didnt have the ATX12V 2x2 connetor plugged into the motherboard.. ID10T error on my part. Thanks anyways.. TPinky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back