Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ownership of files denied to users

Status
Not open for further replies.

swolfp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
GB
Hi, I have moved user folders to a new server and re-setup security so administrators and the user have full access the folders.
Problem is trying to re-assign ownership to users for quota management, the message I get on th eusers pc's says the users only have read permission to the security properties even though they have full access permissions on their folders.

My one worked fine but then I am an administrator !

Any clues please ?

Under the security tab on the main folder you can see at the bottom a check box, and next to it, it says...'allow inheritable permissions from parent to propogate to this object.' - sometimes when permissions get mixed up and files get moved along they carry the parent permissions with it and you have to get the folders and files to 'let go' of the security settings when they are moved so that new permissions can be set.......

fraid not ! I've made sure that checkbox is clear and even tried removing and setting new explicit rights to the users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back