Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWB help

Status
Not open for further replies.

methods

Programmer
Aug 25, 2003
US
Hi, there

I am very new to OWB, I have the following problem;

I am trying to create an Oracle source module. When I create a link with the wizard or or select a link I created using SQL, I recieve the following error message:

Error AP14006 The database link contains invalid connection information SQL Exception

I am using Oracle 9.0.1, OWB 9.2.
What am I doing wrong?
Any help, or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Hi,
where exactly it is giving the problem?
while creating a new dblink you can give any name with correct hostname, portnum and sid and username and pwd of the schema which you are using check whether you have provided with proper credentials, if any of the detail is wrong it gives the error.

cheers,
y.p.krishnaa.

Hi,
where exactly it is giving the problem?
while creating a new dblink you can give any name with correct hostname, portnum and sid and username and pwd of the dbase which you are using check whether you have provided with proper credentials, if any of the detail is wrong it gives the error.

cheers,
y.p.krishnaa.

Thanks y.p.krishnaa for replying.
I'm pretty sure that I am providing the correct hostname, portnum and sid and username and pwd of the dbase which I am using. I can create the link successfully manually in SQL, but selecting that link when trying to create an Oracle data source, results in that error. Same error when I choose to create a link for an Oracle data source. The connection will test successfully but when I click on next to proceed forward , I get the error.

hi

i too am getting the following errors when i create a source module
AP14006:the database link contains invalid connection information.
AP12414:CANNOT DETERMINE VERSION INFORMATION FOR THE SPECIFIED DATABASE LINK.CHECK THE DATABASE LINK AND TRY AGAIN.

How did you solve the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back