Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckleavitt

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have a couple people I need to give OWA acccess too, but I dont want to set them up as users on my domain. Is this possible to do? Thanks!

What would they be accessing without a user account to authenticate with ?

OK, so let me clarify since maybe that didnt make sense. I have contractors that only need access to Exchange Webmail (OWA). Thats fine if I have to set them up as users, so that they can authenticate, but I want the only thing they can do is to go the the OWA url and access email. No logging into VPN, no logging into workstations on our domain....just OWA. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I think that if they you want them to monly be able to access OWA, wouldn't be it ok to give them a restricted account? Would they be using one of your PCs on your site to access the internet to use OWA or are they going to be using their own equipment?

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

UKalliance

Yes, I can give them a restricted accout. But they will only be logging into OWA from a remote location. They will rarely be local, and the rare times they are on site, I would still only want them to be able to get to OWA via the web.

If they are always coming in from a remote location then just enable their account to have OWA!

You need to disable their account so they can't vpn (or not tell them the details).

In this case they can't access any of your domain just have access to email.

Im getting confused here

These contractors, do they just need internet access so they can access their corporate OWA - ie. their mail accounts are on an external contractor domain nothing to do with your mail server ?

ie. They need internet access, and you would like to restrict that access to one URL ?

If you don't want them to log into any of your computers, go into Active Directory and set the account to only be allowed to log into specific computers. Add an invalid computer name, and then the account will not be allowed to log onto any of the computers in your facility. Then make a special group that will deny all access to all company resources and add those accounts to that group.

Just a suggestion, not sure if that is the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back